CLEAN IT RIGHT
|Posted by cleanitrightcarpetcare on December 11, 2015 at 4:25 PM||comments (1139)|
The U.S. EPA reports that Americans spend nearly 90 percent of their time indoors which means that indoor air quality is of the utmost importance.
Many urban legends state that carpet reduces indoor air quality, but the facts support quite the opposite in that carpet is better for indoor air quality because it acts as a filter by trapping allergens and keeping them out of the breathing zone. In fact, there is no scientific study linking the rise of allergies and asthma to the use of carpet.
If you have carpet in your home, keeping it clean is the best way to eliminate the negative effects of allergens.
Vacuuming is the simplest and most effective way to remove dirt and allergens from carpet. In fact, 90 to 95% of all dry soil by weight can be removed from carpet by following a routine vacuuming schedule. CRI Seal of Approval tests vacuums for effective soil removal and dust containment, which means SOA-approved vacuums are among the best at raising indoor air quality.
Another imperative in improving indoor air quality is a regular deep cleaning.
A deep cleaning every 12-18 months by a Seal of Approval service provider will renew the look of carpet by removing the deepest dirt. SOA Service Providers utilize certified equipment that effectively removes soil to get carpet looking like new.
If you’re committed to improving indoor air quality in your home, choosing carpet and choosing to clean it is the best way to accomplish this.
|Posted by cleanitrightcarpetcare on August 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM||comments (4266)|
SO YOU RIPPED ALL OF YOUR CARPET OUT AND PUT TILE IN.
You are now so happy! No more carpet to try and keep clean. Your new tile is going to be so easy. Have a spill...wipe it up....dirty shoes...mop it up...could not be any easier!
If this is the case, then why is my tile & grout so dirty? And why can't I seem to get it clean my self?
Here's the story: Stuff gets DIRTY! Now on your tile, you are probably aiding in the process of it getting dirty even faster. If you are mopping it with cleaners and not completely rinsing it off, you are leaving a residue that acts like a magnet to dirt. So in reality you are speeding up the process by mopping it. Now I know you thought you were doing the right thing. Most people do.
After we restore your tile & grout through our very thorough cleaning, we recommend regular sweeping or vacuuming with just an occasional mopping. We recommend using hot water only. This way you do not leave a residue that can re-attract soil. Once your tile and grout is dirty, it can be a back breaking process for you to ever get it clean again. We have the proper tools & equipment to do the job right and quickly.
Carpet, Tile, Laminate, Wood Floor, Natural Stone, they all require maintenance at some point.
Carpet Cleaning Veteran
|Posted by cleanitrightcarpetcare on August 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM||comments (3934)|
Just a few things can make a HUGE difference:
Frequent vacuuming is the single most effective thing you can do to keep your carpet clean longer.
Let's talk about that for a minute...How well does your vacuum work? Does the belt need to be replaced? Does the bag or canister need to be emptied? Does it have filters that need to be cleaned or replaced? Are you rushing through the job? These are some of the things you should address. What good does it do if you are vacuuming with a vacuum that isn't working properly or you aren't vacuuming properly? So how do you vacuum properly? Don't rush through it, change directions, allow your vacuum to lift the fibers. I recommend at least one time per week.
Remove your shoes at the door.
Think about the dirty parking lots you walk through, do you really want that grime in your house?, let alone your carpet! Take them off!
Remove spots before they take over.
I always recommend warm water and a clean white terry clothe towel first. Dampen the spot...agitate with a spoon..not a brush...rinse and absorb with the towel. Avoid walking on it till dry.
Mike Stone, Veteran Carpet Cleaning Expert
|Posted by cleanitrightcarpetcare on August 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM||comments (37)|
I want to talk to you about static electricity in your home.
I know for me, getting shocked every time I turn on a light, touch someone, touch my cat and every other thing in my house becomes very annoying. Besides being annoying though, it can also be very damaging. We live in a world with all kinds of electronic gizmos & gadgets. Computers, tablets, cell phones, DVR's, Ipads just to name a few. These kinds of electronics can be damaged by static electricity.
There are a couple of ways that you can control this: Adding humidity to the inside of your home is one way, for example: humidifier or swamp cooler. Applying a Static Guard to your carpet after it has been cleaned is also very effective. This has been done for years in large computer rooms to protect data. We are also able to apply the same type of protection to the interior of our homes now. How nice would that be? Not getting violated in your own how! At Clean it Right Carpet Care, we now are able to perform this service for our customers.
Veteran Carpet Cleaning Expert
|Posted by cleanitrightcarpetcare on August 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM||comments (95)|
If you have pets and they come in the house you will at some point have to clean up after them. They have accidents!
As a professional in the floor care industry, we have all the right stuff to treat these accidents. You the pet owner don't usually have a $20,000 truck mounted machine sitting in your garage just waiting for the accident to happen.
I would like to give you a few tips on what you can do the clean up the occasional accident.
1. Mix up a spray bottle with 50/50 mix of white vinegar & water (label it) keep this just for accidents.
2. Mix up a spray bottle with 1/10 mix of liquid laundry detergent (label it). P.S use very little detergent.
3. Designate a white towel for these types of accidents ( mark as pet accident towel only)
4. Pick up a can of Lysol Disinfectant.
Now that you have your supplies on hand, you are ready for that occasional accident.
Here are the steps for urine:
1. Start with your towel and absorb the urine with the towel by lying it over the area and walking on it. Rinse towel.
2. Spray the area with the vinegar & water till very wet, lay you towel over the area and leave till dry.
Here are the steps for feces:
1. Scoop up as much of the feces as possible.
2. Spray area with the detergent until wet.
3. Take your white towel and saturate it with warm water, lay it over the spot and walk back and forth over it. The goal is to rinse the detergent and absorb the feces into the towel. Rinse towel and repeat steps until the spot is gone.
4. Spray the spot with Lysol and cover with damp rinsed out towel. Leave till dry.
I hope these steps will help!
Mike Stone Veteran Carpet Cleaning Professional
P.S. If this was of value to you, please go to our FB page at www.facebook.com/cleanitrightcarpetcare1 and say so. Thank You1
|Posted by cleanitrightcarpetcare on August 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM||comments (4)|
With so many do it yourself carpet cleaning machines on the market today, It can become very confusing. You may find yourself wondering if that machine you have seen at one of the big box stores could save you money and be more convenient than having your carpet professionally cleaned. Being in the carpet cleaning business for nearly 30 years now, I have seen the evolution of do it yourself type machines. I will be the first one to admit, when they first began to hit the market, I felt they were just a waste of money. They filled the carpet with soap, left it soaking wet and were more of a headache than they were worth. In 30 yrs, they have come a long way! They do a much better job than they use to.
There are a number of differences between you cleaning your carpet and Clean it Right Carpet Care cleaning your carpet.
1. You have to do it yourself. This is huge, even if you had access to our Truck Mounted equipment, you would have a hard time cleaning your entire house. Why you ask? because it is very physically demanding.
2. Now think about the difference between our Truck Mounted equipment and your small machine. Ours is powered by a 20 hp gasoline engine...yours is powered by a vacuum cleaner motor. Ours produces 200 degree steam...yours uses the hot water that you bathe in. Ours has a consistent flow of hot water...yours holds 1 gallon of hot tap water that runs out every 5 to 7 minutes. Ours extracts the dirty water to a 100 gallon recovery tank...your extracts to a 1 gallon recovery tank. Ours apply's the cleaning agents first and then rinses them out with fresh clean water...yours put the soap in the water that you are cleaning with and never gets rinsed with fresh clean water. Ours allows your carpet to stay clean for months...yours will need to be cleaned again in a month. Ours takes about 2 hrs to clean....yours takes about 8 hrs to clean. Are you tired yet? Guess what? you get to do it again next month.
Let me be fair! The home jobbers can be a valuable asset when it comes to cleaning up spills, touching up high traffic areas or for small rooms. Your carpet still needs professional cleaning at least once per year. I hope that I have been able to shine some light on this subject for you.
Mike Stone, Veteran Carpet Cleaning Expert.